About Me

My photo
United States
Zoe a greek name, means life! 'The Bridge Across Forever ..' is an attempt to reach out to the junta. It brings out the creative best in me in the form of poetry and a dash of photography. My blog 'Food for the soul' is all about weaving day to day activities with something that suits my palate and I hope you'll enjoy it just as much as I do, putting it together for you!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stuck In A Metro



I watched the baby wail,
And wondered why?
Maybe he knew,
Something was wrong….
The train had just left, the station,
Now it stood still, suspended,
The little girl in pink shorts,
Sucked on her thumb,
And tried in vain, to sleep,
Something was wrong,
Her brother irritated,
Yelled at his mom,
Helpless, with her tiny tots,
And a truck load of luggage,
She stood, stuck!
In a crowded metro;
Something was wrong,
“This train will be on hold”
Came the conductors voice,
For the tenth time in a row,
The lady by the door fretted,
Panic-stricken she watched,
Something was wrong….
The lady by the door,
Rescheduled her flight,
She wouldn’t make it
Something was wrong,
Soon someone noted,
Not one train passed by,
The tracks next door lay wasted,
Something was significantly wrong,
The little girl in pink shorts,
Wondered aloud, if the train started,
Would I choke on my bubblegum?
Stuck in the metro, high above
I watched, the road below,
83, Cherry Hill…There goes my bus,
So close and yet so far….



- ഴൊഎ ക

No comments: