About Me

My photo
United States
Zoe a greek name, means life! 'The Bridge Across Forever ..' is an attempt to reach out to the junta. It brings out the creative best in me in the form of poetry and a dash of photography. My blog 'Food for the soul' is all about weaving day to day activities with something that suits my palate and I hope you'll enjoy it just as much as I do, putting it together for you!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Neighborhood Walk



A stroll through the walkways,
Of CP’s residential plots,
During lazy summer days,
Waiting for luck to turn, in the lots

Carpets of green, such beautiful lawns,
Fireflies that fly, their glow so green,
My friend beside me, tall and brawn
Hidden a kiddish fear to most unseen….

A stroll through the lone railroad,
Through the gentle breeze of the outskirts,
A deer or two amidst croaking toads,
The township ahead, teak trees that skirt,

My friend beside me, we walk,
Reminiscence of the Drews and the Fives,
Chattering as we walk the talk,
Amidst bda complexes and bee hives…

A stroll through the pines and cedars,
Through the streets of Shillong,
Over the hill, the road meanders -
Whispers within me, this is where I belong….

My friend beside, we walk walk and walk,
Just like old times on every trip,
My Dad rants and I listen to the talks,
Dowsed in reminiscence the stories drip….



- ഴൊഎ ക

No comments: