About Me

My photo
United States
Zoe a greek name, means life! 'The Bridge Across Forever ..' is an attempt to reach out to the junta. It brings out the creative best in me in the form of poetry and a dash of photography. My blog 'Food for the soul' is all about weaving day to day activities with something that suits my palate and I hope you'll enjoy it just as much as I do, putting it together for you!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Racing against time…


As I walk throu', breezy,
The corridors of Georgetown D.C,
At Benetton, the manequin,
Adorning a shining sequin,
Stares right throu' me,
She seems, far too free..

A posh dress she wears, pretty,
The look, persnickety,
A wish that wanders by,
An inner voice, that lets it die...
A thin line, known to few,
Of affordability, I chew...

Reality as I see,
Unseen, a tone of dree,
Quite different to thee eyes,
Engulfed in a sea of lies,
A smile that hides it all,
The pillar still stands, tall...

Racing against time,
I walk throu' my prime,
My oobleness killing me,
Chained I wanna break free,
As everyone around; seek,
The answers, far too bleak,


- ഴൊഎ ക

No comments: